If you have a taste for spicy food let this be your zest.
What you will need -
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Handful Fresh Cilantro (or about a cup and a half chopped)
- 1 Small Can Chipotle Chile’s w/ Adobo Sauce (add or reduce for spiciness)
- 1 1/2 Cup of Skim Milk (add or reduce for spiciness).
- 3 Table Spoons of Low Fat Cream Cheese (add or reduce for creamy/richness)
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Garlic Clove or 1 tablespoon pre-minced.
- 1 Cup Canned Corn
- Olive Oil
- Table salt (add to taste)
- To Begin you will need to prepare the Chicken Breast by washing them and slicing into strips.
- Next you will need to chop the 1/2 White Onion into Fajitas style pieces.
- Prepare a large sauce pan at medium-high heat adding Olive Oil to heat. (I tend to measure oil used in terms of how the pan actually cooks when food is added)
- When pan and oil are hot add Chicken Breast strips, 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms and 1/2 White Onion to heated sauce pan, thoroughly cook Chicken, Mushrooms and Onions, mixing so not to burn for about 15-20 minutes .
- While chicken is cooking, chop Cilantro while making sure to cut off and discard stems below the leafy part.
- When Chicken is finished, blend Chipotle Chili’s, Skim Milk, Salt (remember following ingredients are according to my families preference but they can be added or reduced to fit your families taste buds) and Garlic in a blender.
- When chicken is finished, pour in chipotle blend to sauce pan, adding Cilantro and Corn. Bring to a boil.
- Once chipotle chicken has come to a boil reduce heat so that pan is brought down to a slow simmer, add Cream Cheese and stir until melted into sauce. Let simmer for 10 minutes and then ENJOY!
This dish serves 4 and is accompanied very well with rice, beans and corn tortillas. Please let me know what you think or if you decided to add anything I might of missed!